Forums

Register

Problem

Found a bug? Need help navigating the site? Have an idea or suggestion?
morb

Lead GM

Problem

Post#1 » 16 Aug, '11 8:48 AM

Problem with the forum

As I was reading the Forum this morning I think I broke it:

1) the forum started out looking normal

forum look1.png
forum look1.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 30360 times

2) Still looks normal

forum look2.png
forum look2.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 30360 times

3)after third or 4th page change it started doing this

Forum look3.png
Forum look3.png (628.19 KiB) Viewed 30360 times

4) and this

forurm look.png
forurm look.png (656.01 KiB) Viewed 30360 times

I was able to replicate the problem several times on my laptop. I have the firefox back button or I can at the bottom of reading a post return to last forum. It will go back to normal if I leave the forum and go back to Darkrelic home page and I will have 3 or 4 page views before it starts doing this again. No bread crumbs or anything else is showing.
Murphy was an Optimist

Odayin

Lead Developer

Re: Problem

Post#2 » 16 Aug, '11 3:36 PM

Thank you for reporting this.

This is a known problem and am working on this.
It is a redirect issue, but should be solved soon.

This problem will happen every time you are in a forum or reading a thread and click on the breadcrumbs up top to go back to the forum section you were in. You do not need to repeate it several times to get this to show up.

It should be fixed in the next day or two.. so long as we do not lose internet again.

Peace,
Odayin

Odayin

Lead Developer

Post#3 » 16 Aug, '11 3:41 PM

On that note... It has been fixed.. Our great Admin Blogo has fixed the issue...

Thank you Blogo, so very much!

Jesse

Post#4 » 19 Aug, '11 3:54 PM

Awesome! Glad to hear this is fixed! Amazing to have so much help
you even provided screenshots and everything in detail.

Penanito

Intern

Unsupported Browser

Post#5 » 22 Aug, '13 1:29 PM

Not sure if this is the right topic but here's a problem i just encountered.
So i was using the site on IE just fine for a day or so (I'm quite new here), I am unsure whether it's a site problem or if I changed something :s
but i was browsing to the (excellently made) music and concept art, when i refreshed this appeared

I am currently using Firefox and i am completely sure i was using Internet Explorer 10 when the issue popped up.
- The cookie monster

Odayin

Lead Developer

Post#6 » 22 Aug, '13 3:37 PM

Hello and good evening.
This is actually a function in the sites template set up at this time for anyone using IE 7 or lower. Since IE 7 came out in October of 2008, many of the functions and styling features do not work.

This can also occur on ie8 and 9 depending on your "compatibility" mode. Most other browsers do not have an issue with this. Though some browsers will display the site as intended better than others due to how they read css/php/xhtml: Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome.

If this continues to be a problem, please let me know!

And yes, this is the PERFECT place to post this up and ask.

-Odayin

Penanito

Intern

Post#7 » 08 Sep, '13 1:26 PM

Im not seeing the chat toolbar at the bottom of the screen, maybe it was disabled for the time being but im just wondering :P This is the first time it's happened and this time im using firefox so im not sure.
- The cookie monster

Odayin

Lead Developer

Post#8 » 08 Sep, '13 4:39 PM

The chat bar was temporarily turned off. I would like to try o optimize it a bit more. I am working hard to get the site running as fast as possible and looking at areas that I need to update. It should be coming back up in the next week. (Along with Notification Icons on all the pages. :grin: )

Thank you for posting about that. Please keep letting us know when things do not seem quite right :)
-Odayin

Return to “Website Support”