Forums

Register

What type of updates would you like to see?

Come in, introduce yourself and contribute to the fun!
Odayin

Lead Developer

What type of updates would you like to see?

Post#1 » 19 May, '14 8:29 AM

Just as the title suggests, I would like to know what types of updates everyone here would like to see posted. Yes, that includes you, the lurker.

I would like to know what kinds of things everyone would like to see. Be it script information that was finished, what is being tested, to graphics, icons, logos, .. or anything else you can think of.

Please share your thoughts, and I will work at trying to get some much more regular updates for everyone! Hopefully soon, we can get someone to focus on the PR work, but until then, let me know what you would like, and I will try to get those posted.

-Odayin

Nevinyraal

Re: What type of updates would you like to see?

Post#2 » 26 Aug, '14 6:42 PM

Well I am typically more of a visual looker on game related stuff. I'm not as inquisitive towards things more technical based, such as scripting / coding etc. Though I have enjoyed the things I have seen so far. I am interested in learning more on the projects Dark Relic's team are undergoing. What sort of work you's are doing currently for the development. Whether they be finished or not. Generally anything to everything being worked on for the betterment of the overall construction for public release.

Have you's found new or better tools for making things happen? If so, what are they? What ever can be learned behind the team working. What sort of updates they would be happy to release to let us all know of progression or delays. Things that you's have struggled with, still are struggling with or have accomplished. Even if coming to scripting things in. I'm completely knowledge-less when it comes to coding, but that's not to say there's others out there who wouldn't understand this type of stuff.

How about social media sites you're all involved in. If there's posts done on social media sites, maybe some links from these forums leading to them would be nice. I currently only use Facebook, Skype and ICQ for chatting with people online. If there's other sources you's use for updating, I would like to be a part of it. What can us community members do to help you's? =) I still need to do more digging on this website alone, but if there's anything I've covered that's not displayed on the website... feel free to point me in a direction! ^_^

Even if it's not specifically Dark Relic related, if there's any other websites you's share work on that shows your talents and the like which could attract traffic to this site. Having some links would be nice. Even if it's stuff you're working on to become better at what you do. It's nice seeing the growth of others being done. Anything that keeps these forums active is beneficial. Keeping the public updated about anything would be helpful really. As it will show more people than those you's talk to on a daily basis that you're still around working hard making things. Also... will all of Dark Relic be done strictly via the team behind the project, or will you's be using outside sources. Such as freelance modelers from time to time?

I know I'll have better questions as I discover them, but for now I think I'll end my post here.

~Adam Jarvis
Last edited by Nevinyraal on 27 Aug, '14 3:09 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Odayin

Lead Developer

Post#3 » 27 Aug, '14 8:10 AM

I really aught to add a "Like" or "Thanks" feature to the forums!
Thank you for the feedback! that is some excellent input and it will help a lot. I will talk to the team about getting some little tid bits, perhaps once a week for just progress and updates?

Again, Thank you! I hope to hear from more of our lurkers around here. :)

Nevinyraal

Post#4 » 27 Aug, '14 2:46 PM

You're most welcome. I'd like to hear about what's going on behind the scenes to make things happen. =) Also, don't be afraid to leave your own posts people. Let's get this place a rocking! I see a lot of guests on when browsing this site, so let's get posting! No question is a dumb question. If you've got one, let it out.

Once a week would be nice. ^_^

~Adam Jarvis

Return to “Off Topic”